ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:48:51
Tom Kauffman wrote:
#CCMS will be launching this as <sid>adm, so <sid>adm will need to be a
#member of group dba (I can't remember if this is mandated or discouraged
#by SAP) and the programs will need to be group-executable.

I've just done a fresh SAP R/3 v3.1I install and IT put SIDadm in group dba.
Assuming
that your SAP system is working properly (see below) the BACKINT installation
instructions are correct, (apart from the fact that they don't mention backfm).

==== Problem with CCMS in pre-v4.0 SAPR/3 installations ====

It's just been brought to my attention by one of our internal SAP system admins
that there is a
series of known problems with pre-v4.0 SAP installations. If you have the
problem that backint
works from SAPDBA, but not from CCMS, please check out OSS note 8523 before
damning
the fine piece of software that is backint (not sarcasm - honest opinion).

Bob Cross, Systems Programmer, Scottish & Newcastle plc.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed are the authors own.

--Boundary_(ID_fJYxxSyhK3Pvw7ricmQ+Kw)--