ADSM-L

Re: HP OpenMail Server Backup with ADSM?

1999-01-08 10:02:35
Subject: Re: HP OpenMail Server Backup with ADSM?
From: "Mauro M. TINELLI" <Mauro.TINELLI AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 16:02:35 +0100
Wessner,

I backup three OM servers every night (17GB, 42GB and 66GB of OMstore).

On all of them, I:

stop the OM services,
split the mirrored copy of the OM FSs,
restart the OM services,
backup incrementally the copy /var/opt/openmail,
  /var/opt/openmal/data...

and

finally I merge the FSs again!

I do use incremental backup. The consistency is garanteed by the fact
that all the services have been stopped, before the splitting of the FS.
By the way, I was using OmniBack-II before and I moved to ADSM because
the "always incremental" policy reduces the backup time.

It works ... and the restore too!

Ciao Mauro