ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:48:51
#        We have our ADSM server V 3.1.2.1 running on AIX 4.2.1 on a Model
#30/7015.  We want to backup an Oracle (v7) database residing on an NT
#Version 4.0 (ADSM Client V 3.1.0.5).

#        What is the easiest method to accomplish this based on prior
#experiences out there in the real world?  Are we required to use a connect
#agent?

No you don't *need* a connect agent, it just makes life a bit simpler. If you
can afford the
downtime, why not just gracefully shutdown the Oracle database as part of your
scheduled backup?

We only use the connect agents where availability considerations means that it
just *has* to be backed
up online. Besides even with the connect agent, I have still been told that
it's best to do
a 'cold' backup from time to time.

Back to you....

Bob Cross.
--Boundary_(ID_T8LHyS7136JGfciGa2DSIw)--