ADSM-L

Re: MSCS Applications

1999-01-07 09:40:34
Subject: Re: MSCS Applications
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 09:40:34 -0500
Michael,

The SQL Agent won't work in an MSCS environment.
The Exchange Agent should work but no official testing
has been done yet.

I am sorry but I cannot give out any dates BUT we know
about this important requirement and it is being
prioritized with all customer requirements for ADSM.
Microsoft Cluster support is a high priority.
Please work with your IBM rep to make your specific
requirement priorities known.

Del Hoobler
ADSM Agent Development

> Hi there IBM code-sharks
>
> I know, by reading the mails of this list, that you are probably tired of
> this kind of questions but I need to know:
>
> 1) Is it correct that no of the ADSM Connect Agents can run on MSCS Apps
> (Cannot use 'Virtuel DB names')?
> 2) Has anyone got some creative ideers of how to backup apps. like MS
> Exchange, MS SQL, Informix, Lotus Notes .... running on MSCS?
> 3) When approx. will the ADSM Connect Agents (& clients) be Cluster
Aware?