ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:48:51
Hi ADSMers,

My message on the 19/12/1998 didn't get any response regarding the integrety of copypools when a primary volume is unavailable during the copy process and made available again. ADSM ignores the volume that was unavailable when I start another copy process. I understood that any interupted process would continue and pickup the uncopied portion of the primary storage pool. The volume was not copied as I observed the process wich finished immediatly without any error messages. The amount of data on the tape would have taken at least 10 minutes to copy.

Is there a command to verify the complete copy of a primary storage pool without going through a disaster recovery procedure ?
I created a new copypool and copied the primary tape pool to the new copypool to be sure. Comparing the capacity of the old copypool and the new copypool don't match when I add the volumes reported capacitys. Could this may be due to the compression on the tapedrives or are the figures in volumes not precise ? I have a Spectralogic tape library with two AIT drives and creating this new copypool of 150GB took around 10 hours. We are not looking forward to have to do this when we have all our clients connected with a capacity of around the 500 to 800GB.
Did anybody else have this experience ?
How can I consolidate the copypool ?

Thanks you for any comments on this problem.
I can avoid this problem by checking the volume status before a copy procedure but this could be a nasty gotcha.