ADSM-L

Re: OEMVS Unix Client, how to automate start of SCHED Command

1999-01-07 02:44:31
Subject: Re: OEMVS Unix Client, how to automate start of SCHED Command
From: Othmar Kern <O.Kern AT IAEA DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 08:44:31 +0100
Hallo Peter,
I run the following Started Task to start the scheduler services under OMVS
it works with MVS/ESA 5.2.2 and OS/390 2.5 .
The started task name must be registered with RACF as started task and the
User referred in the Started Task segment must have an OMVS segment - in my
case UID=0, HOME=/ (runs as ROOT).
Good luck
Othmar

//ADSMBAT PROC
//*
//*     RUN THE ADSM CLIENT FOR OMVS
//*
//ADSMBAT EXEC PGM=BPXBATCH,
// PARM='SH /usr/adsm/dsmc schedule -PAS=UNIDO1 -NODE=UNIDO_OS39025'
//STDIN     DD DUMMY
//STDOUT    DD PATH='/ADSMBAT.OUT',PATHOPTS=(OWRONLY,OCREAT,OTRUNC),
//          PATHMODE=SIRWXU
//STDERR    DD PATH='/ADSMBAT.ERR',PATHOPTS=(OWRONLY,OCREAT,OTRUNC),
//          PATHMODE=SIRWXU