ADSM-L

Re: OEMVS Unix Client, how to automate start of SCHED Command

1999-01-06 12:41:35
Subject: Re: OEMVS Unix Client, how to automate start of SCHED Command
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 12:41:35 -0500
In <H000012d043e42fd@MHS>, on 01/06/99
   at 04:27 PM, Peter Ramisberger <Peter.Ramisberger AT UBS DOT COM> said:

>     Installed the new OEMVS Client V3 for OS/390 Unix System Services and
>     now I try to automate the start of the schedule command. My ADSM/MVS
>     Server is at V3.1.2.1. OS/390 involved is V2R5.
>     All what I tried so far did not work (e.g. via BPXBATCH) and I got no
>     helpful messages.
>     Does someone have a tip or example how to do it? Many thanks in
>     advance
>     Best regards
>     Peter Ramisberger

Here is how we do it --

console automation product issues the command 's adsmcli'
member adsmcli in the proclib concatenation is --

//ADSMCLI  PROC
 //*-----------------------------------------------------------*//
 //*  THIS JOB DOES AN ADSM INCREMENTAL BACKUP AND THEN COPIES *//
 //*  THE LISTING TO SYSOUT.                                   *//
 //*                                                           *//
 //*                                                           *//
 //*  create on 7/16/96 by wfc.                                *//
 //*                                                           *//
 //*-----------------------------------------------------------*//
 //ADSMCLI  EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01
 //JES      DD   SYSOUT=*,DCB=(RECFM=V,LRECL=256)
 //OUT      DD   PATH='/usr/adsm/dsmc.out2',
 //             PATHOPTS=(OTRUNC,ORDWR),PATHMODE=SIRWXU
 //*            PATHOPTS=(OCREAT,OTRUNC,OWRONLY),PATHMODE=SIRWXU
 //SYSTSPRT DD  SYSOUT=*
 //SYSTSIN  DD  DSN=OLDSYS.SYS1.PROCLIB(ADSMCLII),DISP=SHR

The //SYSTSIN file is --

  BPXBATCH SH /bin/dsmc i >/usr/adsm/dsmc.out2

  OCOPY INDD(OUT) OUTDD(JES)

Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab