ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:48:51
Joel, I don't know what your platform is, but here's what we're doing --

We're on an SP (RS/6000) environment. I've got a second device
configuration backup and volume history backup defined on an NFS-mounted
filesystem. After the ADSM database backup, I copy the device config and
volume history to a DOS-format floppy. We then strap the floppy to the
database backup tape and send both off-site. This is the easiest way
I've found to track database backups (without requiring hardcopy) - we
bought colored floppies and have labeled them 'SUNDAY' through
'SATURDAY' over three sets (Red, Orange, and Yellow).

This has worked through two D/R tests so far.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc.