ADSM-L

Re: question about volumes

1999-01-05 16:55:33
Subject: Re: question about volumes
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 16:55:33 -0500
If I understand your question correction and it is the COPYPOOL that is
damaged, you can go ahead and do a DELETE with discard data=yes.  You are
only deleteing the references in the data base to that COPYPOOL volume, not
the data in the primary pool.

The next time you run a BACKUP STGPOOL PRIMARYPOOL COPYPOOL, any data in the
primary pool that is not currently represented in the copy pool, will be
backed up to the copy pool again, and you can take the new tape offsite.