ADSM-L

Re: MVS DSMADMC without TSO

1999-01-05 15:01:35
Subject: Re: MVS DSMADMC without TSO
From: James SPORER <james.sporer AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 14:01:35 -0600
     What version of adsm are you using?
     Jim Sporer

Subject: MVS DSMADMC without TSO
Author:  "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>  at IPNET
Date:    1/5/99 10:32 AM

I just discovered that it is possible to run the MVS version of the ADSM
administrative client in batch without using TSO. I used the following JCL:

[JOB card ommitted]
//DSMADMC  EXEC  PGM=DSMADMC,REGION=4M,DYNAMNBR=90,
//         PARM='/ -ID=ADMIN -PASSWORD=XYZZY Q DB'
//DSCOPT   DD    DSN=SZ1.ADSM.ANSCLNT.OPTIONS,DISP=SHR
//DSCLANG  DD    DSN=SZ1.ADSM.SANSMSG(ANSMENU),DISP=SHR

The output was sent to a SYSOUT data set with a system-genrated DDNAME
(SYS00001 for the test job I ran). The SYSOUT class was the same as the
message class for the job.

I suspected the above would work when I saw a sample CLIST in an IBM manual
that used the CALL command to invoke DSMADMC in a TSO environment. The CALL
command invokes programs using the same linkage conventions as the JCL EXEC
statement.