ADSM-L

Re: SETACL

1999-01-05 13:27:59
Subject: Re: SETACL
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 13:27:59 -0500
>When I checked the error log on the server I found the following :
>
>   TransErrno: Unexpected error from ACL(SETACL), errno=89
>
>Has anybody encountered this error before ? I was not able to find anf
>reference to SETACL in the ADSM server/client manuals.

SETACL is an operand of the acl() system call (do 'man acl').
Errno 89 is in /usr/include/sys/errno.h as
     ENOSYS  89      /* Unsupported file system operation    */

(Unfortunately, ADSM just spits out these conditions without enveloping
 them in an explanatory ADSM error message set.  Developers: value to add.)

It sounds like your before and after file systems are too different
in architecture.

    Richard Sims, BU