ADSM-L

Unabel to restore DB

1999-01-05 09:57:14
Subject: Unabel to restore DB
From: Stephan Rittmann <srittmann AT FIDUCIA DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 15:57:14 +0100
Hi all,

I wanted to test the recovery of the ADSM Database and got some problems.
The environment I used was, ADSM-Server NT V3.1.2.1 with a ADIC SCALAR458
DLT Library. I made the databasebackup to that library and saved the
DEVCONFIG and VOLHIST file to floppy disk.
After reinstalling the NT System and the ADSM Sever I copied the two files
to the ADSM server directory and started the restore of the database.
The first thing happend was, that the server wasn't able to define the
device class for the library. The define devclass statement was in the
devconfig file. I found out that the devclass statement had to be the first
one in the file. Why is this so? I can't believe that this is right.

Now I tryed to start the restore, but the Server wasn't able to locate the
tape with the database backup on it. I looked at the volhist file and saw
that it did't contain that "location statements" with the /*   */   syntax.
My question is, how can I make the server known, which tape is the
dbb-tape.

Thanks,
STephan Rittmann
FIDUCIA AG