ADSM-L

Re: Exchange Connect Agent

1999-01-04 09:21:12
Subject: Re: Exchange Connect Agent
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 09:21:12 -0500
Phil,

Happy New Year!

The message:

"Exchange Error: An unknown Exchange API error has occurred."

means that the Exchange Agent called a MS Exchange API to do
some piece of the backup and it returned a return code that
was not published.  Not very helpful...thus we need a trace to
further diagnose the problem.

When you see this problem occur, you could try using the
MS NTBACKUP.EXE backup program to see if it fails the
same way (my bet is yes...)

If you are still seeing this problem, please open a
problem (PMR) with IBM Support.  We can then
gather to necessary traces to solve the problem.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM ADSM Agent Development