ADSM-L

3570 Tape Drives

1998-12-30 08:05:10
Subject: 3570 Tape Drives
From: "Cohn, Grant" <Grant.Cohn AT SAPREF DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 15:05:10 +0200
Greetings

We currently have a dual drive 3570 connected to our RISC 6000 J30 server,
running AIX 4.1.5
These drives are connected to one differential SCSI card in the machine.

We are planning to purchase an additional dual drive 3570 machine for added
capacity.

Does anyone know if we can still use only the one SCSI card (for all 4
drives) of if we should include an additional card in the server?
Will there be major performance problems with only one card?

Any suggestions/ideas will be gladly received.

Thanks

Grant Cohn

Shell & BP South African Petroleum Refineries
Durban, South Africa.
Tel     :   (+27)  (0)31 - 480 1610
Cell    :   (+27)  (0)83 254 4012
e-mail :   grant .cohn AT sapref DOT com