ADSM-L

Large FS restore

1998-12-28 19:10:47
Subject: Large FS restore
From: malkit <malkit AT UDI.CO DOT IL>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 02:10:47 +0200
Hello

One of our customer has few clients, each one of them holds 60 GB of
data - usually on Solaris clients. They are running ADSM V3.1.2 on
Solaris.
We would like to test disaster recovery on one of the large client. Does
someone have any recommendation how to backup 'huge' machines ? and more
important, what is the best way to do it in order to restore as fast as
we can.Is it recommended to run 'absolute' backup from time to time ?
Right now, we are running the backup for those clients with
'collocation' in order to minimize the mounts.

Regards
--
Malkit Hayun, UDI
Malkit Hayun, UDI