ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Upgrade from 2.1.0.15 to 3.1.2.1?

1998-12-24 14:01:08
Subject: Re: ADSM Upgrade from 2.1.0.15 to 3.1.2.1?
From: Bruce Elrick <belrick AT HOME DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 13:01:08 -0600
John...

There were the early problems in v3 with aggregates, but that appears to be
gone.  However, if you use raw logical volumes on AIX for storage pool volumes
on SSA disk with volume sizes > 2 GB, you may get write errors which don't
result in data loss but do
result in loss of use of disk since the volumes get marked read-only.
Currently using files in a JFS is a workaround.

Cheers...
Bruce