ADSM-L

New ADSM admin.

2015-10-04 17:50:04
Subject: New ADSM admin.
From: Yotin Chennavasin [mailto:yotin.chennavasin AT HGUARD DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I plan to migrate from Legato to ADSM world.  However, I have several setup
questions after installing the ADSM 3.2 on AIX 4.3.2.

This the device configuration,
IBM 7337 DTL tape drive w/ 10 slots autochanger - barcode reader.
-
Requirements
Requirements
We only need to backup the SERVER for now (we have only 1 machine).
We need to do a FULL BACKUP every night automatically. (total data to be
backup is 23 GB).
After each night backup the tape needs to be put offsite. (even if the
backup tape is not full).

I have completed setup the ADSM device,  Library, Device, Devclass, STGPOOL,
DOMAIN, SCHEDULE, etc..

Questions:
What the different between   "VOLUME"  vs  "LIBVOLUME"  how is it being used
by ADSM ?
Should the backup goes to DISK then migrate to tape later, or should it goes
to tape directly ?

Thanks in advance  & have a happy holiday