ADSM-L

Re: ADSM upgrade 2.1.5.6

1998-12-21 07:41:30
Subject: Re: ADSM upgrade 2.1.5.6
From: Ray Pratts <pratts AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 06:41:30 -0600
Pat,

I did this last week.  If all you are going to do is upgrade then it is
very simple.

1. Halt ADSM
2. Install the new software
3. Start ADSM with the command "dsmserv upgradedb".

The "dsmserv upgradedb" changes the format of the database from an
earlier version to the current version.  All your policies, devices,
etc. will be preserved.  As a matter of fact we did not have one of our
tape drives online and ADSM started complaining because it wanted to
backup the database to that device.

What I did was actually move the server to another system and then
upgrade.  This was more involved, but was still relatively easy.

--
Ray Pratts              Pinnacle Computer Solutions Corp.
Ray Pratts              Pinnacle Computer Solutions Corp.