ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:50:04
Hello frae bonnie Scotland!

I've just seen your message and the reply Yu Chen posted.

He's correct - SAMBA is a freeware file and print services provider available
in source/binary form for
a variety of platforms. It implements the Microsofts SMB protocol, as used in
Windows 3.x/9x/NT, and
so allows a variety of boxes to cooperate with these systems from beautiful
Redmond. It's a standard
part of most/all Linux distributions, and I was using it to fileshare between a
Silicon Graphics workstation,
an NT4.0 workstation and an NT3.51 server.

As to the semaphores problem, his advice is sound IMHO. Check the values of the
SEMSYS family
of entries in /etc/system, change any that need changing and then do a
reconfiguration boot.

I'm not currently using SAMBA on Solaris, although one of the applications we
are running is a little resource
hog. So if it helps, I'm using the following parameter/value pairs:

set semsys:seminfo_semmap=258
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=256
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=1024
set semsys:seminfo_semmnu=80
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=303
set semsys:seminfo_semopm=20
set semsys:seminfo_semume=40
set semsys:seminfo_semvmx=32767
set semsys:seminfo_semaem=16384

Hope this helps, failing that maybe its time to drop a dime to either Sun or
IBM? If there's any other useful info
you think I might have - let me know.

Best regards, especially with the holiday season rapidly approaching - I'm soon
on holiday for two weeks.

Bob Cross, Systems Programmer, Scottish & Newcastle plc
e-mail: robert.cross AT scottish-newcastle.co DOT uk

--Boundary_(ID_inBv8aLKIAHTxgds4nUUvg)--