ADSM-L

Re: Stop changing Sol clients

1998-12-18 08:20:43
Subject: Re: Stop changing Sol clients
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 08:20:43 -0500
> Just a suggestion, if you've set up hundreds of scripts
> to use /opt/IBMadsm-c/solaris for DSM_DIR, you could
> probably do an "ln -s /opt/IBMadsm-c /opt/IBMadsm-c/solaris"
> to not have to change them for ptf 6, couldn't you?
> Well, I guess this depends on the number of clients
> you have to do this on, but it could probably be automated
> by some shell script doing rexec's/rsh's to the individual
> client nodes, I would think.

The 3.1.06 client does not seem to user DSM_DIR, as I install the package
on my workstation, and then tar it to an NFS shared utility area, and then
modify any links to point back into itself.  Up until now, this has worked
great.  With this version, if I set DSM_DIR to /util/adsm/solaris26, which
is where dmsc lives, it complains that it cannot find
/opt/IBMadsm-c/en_US/blah.cat.  If I create a symlink in /opt called
IBMadsm-c that points at /util/adsm/solaris26, then it works.  It seems to
me that DSM_DIR should resolve this, and not require the symlink.

So, what's the deal with DSM_DIR?

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,