ADSM-L

how to reinstall the db??

1998-12-16 15:14:37
Subject: how to reinstall the db??
From: "Alexander, Robert" <ralexander AT SHL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 12:14:37 -0800
Hello everyone,

We have had a disk failure and I wish to restore an old backup of our ADSM
server
to a new location for recovery, but when I try dsmserv INSTALL , I get a
message about how that is an invalid keyword. Am I going to have to
reinstall ADSM to get that to work? I have done this before (version 2), but
wonder if maybe the steps or syntax has changed as of ADSM V3.1.20 on AIX
4.2.1.??  Can somebody shed some light on this, please (as I am sitting dead
in the water right now)? Thanks in advance!!!!

      Robert Alexander
       MCI Systemhouse
       ralexander AT shl DOT com