ADSM-L

Re: Unatteneded Install of ADSM

1998-12-16 16:57:50
Subject: Re: Unatteneded Install of ADSM
From: Dennis Schaffer <Dennis.Schaffer AT MUTUALOFOMAHA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 15:57:50 -0600
Efrain,

The key is an InstallShield option which "watches" a sample installation
and generates a response file and another option which allows that response
file to be used as input to subsequent installations.

Executing 'setup /r' will generate the response file.  Executing 'setup /s'
will use that response file as part of a "silent" (truly silent; no
messages are generated) installation.

It works very well except I'd prefer to see a message telling me when its
done.  Refer to file 'read1st.txt' in the ADSM client directory for more
information.

Dennis Schaffer
Mutual of Omaha

HINOJEL AT THIOKOL DOT COM on 12/16/98 01:00:17 PM