ADSM-L

How do I make a task submitted via DEFINE CLIENTACTION start straight away

1998-12-16 01:25:27
Subject: How do I make a task submitted via DEFINE CLIENTACTION start straight away
From: Peter Griffin <Peter.Griffin AT ZURICH.COM DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 16:25:27 +1000
I am currently in the early stages on implementing ADSM. I wish to submit
the processes such as the incr. backups via an external scheduler.

The method I want to use is to have the scheduler run a script containing
the DEFINE CLIENTACTION command. My problem is the delay between when the
command is submitted to when it is actually executed.

I would like the process to start as soon as possible after the command is
accepted by ADSM.

In DSM.OPT I have set SCHEDMODE=PROMPTED

On the ADSM sever I have set RANDOMIZE=0

I have had no luck setting parameters in the command such a priority,
duration units etc. in a hope they would minimise the delay.

an example of the command I would like to issue is;
define clientaction pcid3296 domain=zurich_dom action=incr

When I do a Q SCHED command on the client the NEXT EXECUTION is set to 0
minutes yet there still is an extensive delay before the actual process
executes.

Is there any steps I can take to  minimise the delay between issuing the
command and actual execution.

Peter Griffin
Zurich Australia Group