ADSM-L

[no subject]

1998-12-14 15:04:37
From: Pat Di Lillo <pat AT CC.MCGILL DOT CA>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 15:04:37 -0500
 Hi there, I have a problem with ADSM restoring Winnt 4.0 server. The
problem is as follows.
1. After installing NT 4.0 server I backup the "C" drive via ADSM. Then
I format the 'C' drive. After that I restore the 'C' via ADSM. The 'C'
is restored properly and the system is booting properly.
2. Now I make 2 changes to NT  operating system (add printing facilities
via GATEWAY plus upgrade server pak 1 to server pak 4) . I backup the
O/S via ADSM again. This time when I format the 'C' and restore it via
ADSM the changes which I implemented are not reflected. The system is
not bootable. Yes I did restore the registry.
The Server ver. of ADSM is 3.1.02 The Client ver. of ADSM is 3.1.05.
Can someone help me with this problem or has anyone have documentation
(that works) dealing with a 'full metal restore'.

 Thks....  Pat