ADSM-L

Re: Help! Awful performance backing up SP nodes over SP switch

2015-10-04 17:50:03
Subject: Re: Help! Awful performance backing up SP nodes over SP switch
From: Ferron Brown [mailto:ferronb AT US.IBM DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Nolan

I see a few things that you might want to change.  Here is a copy of my
dsm.sys file (notice the commethod line, the compression line===>you also
would want to turn compression to "client determine" on your client,
tcpnodelay, and tcpbuffsize)  (remember shardmem only works locally).  Hope
this helps

Servername       d26bk001sh
COMMMethod       SHAREdmem
SHMPort          1510
PASSWORDACCESS   Generate
Inclexcl         /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/inclexcl.txt
nodename         d26bk001
TXNBytelimit     25600
TCPWindow        64
SCHEDLOGName     /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dsmsched.log
COMPression      OFF
tcpnodelay       YES
tcpbuffsize      32

Ferron L. Brown
IBM Global Services
Storage Management/ADSM
919-543-7277 (external)
441-7277 (tie line)
Pager #: 800-946-4646 PIN 6048038
Email: ferronb AT us.ibm DOT com

To handle yourself, use your head; To handle
others, use your heart.

---------------------- Forwarded by Ferron Brown/Raleigh/IBM on 12/11/98

"Gogineni, Sri" <SGogineni AT CAISO DOT COM> on 12/07/98 07:11:40 PM