ADSM-L

Re: moved media pending-problem

1998-12-11 14:41:29
Subject: Re: moved media pending-problem
From: "Price, Robert R." <pricerr AT WESTINGHOUSE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 14:41:29 -0500
There apparently was a change in 3.1.2.0 so that pending/empty volumes are
handled differently than previously.

I had a similar problem.  I changed the reuse value to zero for the storage
pool.  After the tape goes from pending to empty (during expiration?), try:

move media <volume> stg=<stgpool> wherestate=mountablenotinlib
wherestatus=empty

Then do the delete volume.  The volume is then returned to scratch.