ADSM-L

Backups across automounted mount points?

1998-12-11 13:40:13
Subject: Backups across automounted mount points?
From: "Michael J. Rensing" <mrensing AT UVIC DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 10:40:13 -0800
Feel free to direct me to a FAQ if it has answers; I just can't find
any!

I'm running the ADSM client 3.1.0.3 on HP-UX 10.20.
I've RTFM, and it appears that there is no way to do a client backup
of automounted nfd directories. Can anyone confirm this, or does
anyone know how to make it work? I'm not having any success, and this
is urgent (of course ;-) ) because we haven't had a successful backup
since converting to an automount system three weeks ago.

TIA

                                  Michael

Dr. Michael J. Rensing | http://wwwhep.phys.uvic.ca/~michael
Dr. Michael J. Rensing | http://wwwhep.phys.uvic.ca/~michael
                       |             mailto:mrensing AT uvic DOT ca
Physics and Astronomy  |                 phone: 250-721-7741
University of Victoria |                   fax: 250-721-7752