ADSM-L

Re: Performance problems with ADSM/VM 2.1.0.17 and restore of inactiv

1998-12-11 11:11:38
Subject: Re: Performance problems with ADSM/VM 2.1.0.17 and restore of inactiv
From: Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 11:11:38 EST
In article <412566D7.005357DB.00 AT mta.amadeus DOT net>, Andreas Peikert
<apeikert AT AMADEUS DOT NET> says:

>Hi Thomas,
>
>the ADSM V2 server performance problem when the client selects
>inactive files as well is known to IBM.
>
>I don't have the APAR number at hand, but I don't believe it
>will get solved for ADSM/VM V2.
>
>Best regards
>
>Andreas Peikert, Systems Programmer

Level 2 support said that a ptf tape at the .19 level is in testing
for adsm/vm ver 2. IBM hopes to release it this month, but
there could be problems. The fix for inactive server performance
problems should be included. If the ptf tape makes it out the
door this will be the 2nd tape for vm version 2.

I asked this past week after waiting for what seemed forever for
an answer to come back again.

I believe that, Dave of the ADSM server dev team, reported at
a share meeting that the fix improves performance, it does not
solve all the problems.

My poor memory tells me that there is also a problem with one of the
gui client levels with performance.

len