ADSM-L

Re: Performance problems with ADSM/VM 2.1.0.17 and restore of inactiv e files

1998-12-11 08:45:59
Subject: Re: Performance problems with ADSM/VM 2.1.0.17 and restore of inactiv e files
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 08:45:59 -0500
>I'm still having a big performance problem if I try to restore inactive
>files.

The performance you report is poor, and you should be disturbed.
In that you have no choice but to run the "frozen" ADSM/VM v2, there isn't
much you can do except endure it and wait for v3.

If ADSMv3 customers encounter performance problems, I *STRONGLY* urge them to
do what ADSM management has urged me to do: report them through the Support
Center so that they get formal attention, and get fixed.  IBM's testing of the
product does not necessarily see all the performance situations that we do as
customers, and unless we report the problems, they won't get fixed.  So please
report them.
                Richard Sims, BU