ADSM-L

ADSM scheduler not starting sessions

1998-12-10 17:49:58
Subject: ADSM scheduler not starting sessions
From: Thomas R Rhodes <TRR AT INEL DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 15:49:58 -0700
I am running adsm v3.1 level 5, on an IBM OS/390 v2.5 system on an IBM
3090-300J, backing up winnt,win95 macs and unix systems.

After going to v2.5 of OS/390 from v1.3 last monday  a lot of clients are
being missed because the window has been missed.  We have 5 schedules that
have about 42 clients pre schedule and start about 10 minutes between each
schedule.  In looking at the number of sessions at any one time only 2 to 6
ever show.  I have maxsessions set to 50.   Could the difference between
OS/390  v1.32 and v2.5 be causing this?   Any help or guidance on  why more
sessions are not running will be vary appreciated.