ADSM-L

Maximum Client backup sessions

1998-12-08 09:19:08
Subject: Maximum Client backup sessions
From: Marc Layne <mlayne AT FGH.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 16:19:08 +0200
Hi All

I'm sure there is quite an easy answer to this but I cannot seem to find it
anywhere...
I have a client that wants to backup approx. 30 clients simultaneously to
an ADSM v3.1 server.They have a 3575 L24 library (yuck) attached to the
server with 6 drives (two used for Informix logging) and 4 for backups.

They are backing up directly to tape currently. They are not able to backup
more than 4 clients simultaneously even though the maxsessions parameter is
set to 40.The first 4 clients grab the four drives and the others are
unable to run. I have considered backing up to DISK first to alleviate this
problem. Is there something I am missing?? Can you backup to tape more
clients than there are drives without backing up to disk first?? If so
where can I find the information or is there a parameter I have to change
.. Help Please.....

Tx Marc