ADSM-L

Re: WebShell client

1998-12-07 09:03:28
Subject: Re: WebShell client
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 06:03:28 -0800
Hi again, Eric,

I apologize if my last message was mis-leading.

When I said, "If you have a prior V3 server", I was referring
to Version 3, but a level below 3.1.2.1 (I discussed 3.1.2.1
in the paragraph above).

The Web Client will not work with ADSM Version 2 or below.
You need to be at Version 3. If you are at Version 3.1.2.1
then you can use a properly authorized Administrator ID to
perform remote ADSM operations. If you are at Version 3,
but below 3.1.2.1 (i.e. somewhere between 3.1.0.1 and
3.1.2.0) then you need to have the client's NODE and
PASSWORD.

In all cases, PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE must be used.

I hope this clears things up.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

Hi Andy!
Thanks for your answer!
I tried to use the Web Client on a Windows NT client connected to a
V2.1.0.13 server on MVS.
When I point my browser to http://server:1581 I see the ADSM client
interface, but I receive the "server code is down-level" message on all
buttons and menu options. I'm never prompted for the nodename and password
like you stated.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon