ADSM-L

delbuta problems

1998-12-04 13:05:54
Subject: delbuta problems
From: DIG Neelam Shaw <nshaw AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 11:05:54 -0700
The previous versions of delbuta recognized only 2 digit years, which was
the norm for AFS backup database. The new release of AFS makes use of
4 digit year to be Y2k complient so is the new release of delbuta. ADSM V3
PTF6 release of delbuta has this fix.

Neelam

I'm running delbuta (v3.1.20.5, 7/30/98), trying to delete
incrementals by age ("delbuta -a 31 -t i -n"), but keep getting

        Invalid age xx/xx/xx in backup dump file, delbuta exiting

Fortunately, I'm doing this with the '-n' option, so the fact that it's
reporting that it will remove _all_ of my incrementals (including
today's!), is only troubling, not earth-shattering.

Does delbuta in fact work to delete by age?