ADSM-L

Re: TIVOLI takes over?

1998-12-03 14:56:20
Subject: Re: TIVOLI takes over?
From: Scott Waterhouse <scott AT WINTERLAND.MAINLAND.AB DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 12:56:20 -0700
Eric and others...

Maybe. Possibly. Probably? I really think Tivoli owes us all an immediate
press release (with a whole lot of substance to it) the describes what
their plans are for ADSM. Hopefully this will also entail what if any
changes are planned for product direction, etc. What staff changes are
planned for the ADSM group? Will they stay on in San Jose? Does SSD have
*any* financial stake in ADSM any more? What happens if Tivoli decides in a
year that "systems management" not "storage management" is its core
competency, and cutbacks are required? What does this mean for integration
of ADSM with other IBM products (like VSS or NSM)? I can tell you that even
as a reseller of ADSM we have received no more information than you have
about the consequences of this action, and that makes me very nervous.

Scott Waterhouse
Mainland Information Systems, Ltd.