ADSM-L

HSM experiences (and thoughts on HSM on NT)

1998-12-03 10:55:51
Subject: HSM experiences (and thoughts on HSM on NT)
From: "Revette, Jack D." <jack.revette AT DOWCORNING DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 10:55:51 -0500
I'm interested in hearing about people's experience of using the HSM
client with ADSM.  I have a couple of Unix clients where this might be
of value for me.  And on only a slight tangent, I also have an NT client
on which I'd like to run HSM.  Of course, there is no NT HSM client for
ADSM available today, and my query through IBMLINK for such support
produced a response indicating there will be an IBM client but no dates
are available.  The response pointed me to the following product as an
alternative: Seagate 'Storage Migrator'
http://www.seagatesoftware.com/storagemigrator/homepage/content.asp

This email transmission and any files that accompany it may
contain sensitive information belonging to the sender. The
information is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity named. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this email transmission in error, please
immediately notify the Security Administrator.
Security.Administrator AT dowcorning DOT com