ADSM-L

Re: 7337

1973-06-25 06:28:22
Subject: Re: 7337
From: Pat Wilson <paw AT NORTHSTAR.DARTMOUTH DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 10:47:22 +22300819
Hmm.  It's been awhile, but I've done this successfully.  I
_think_ you've just missed a step, and defined the drive but not
the library device.  It could also be that AIX sees the library
(on my machine, AIX calls it /dev/smc0), but you've not defined
it to ADSM (a separate step, and something you'll probably have
to put in a startup script, since it doesn't "stick" across
reboots (on AIX 4.2.1 at least).

Here are the steps I used:

        define library autoDLTlib libtype=scsi device=/dev/lb0
        define drive autodltlib drive01 device=/dev/mt0 element=116
        define drive autodltlib drive02 device=/dev/mt1 element=116
        define devclass autodlt_class devtype=dlt library=autodltlib
        define stgpool autodlt_pool autodlt_class maxscratch=15

my "q device" looks like this:

Device       Device        Storage    Device       Format Est/Max     Mount
Class        Access           Pool    Type                Capacity     Limit
Name         Strategy        Count
(MB)
---------    ----------    -------    ---------    ------ --------    ------
AUTODLT_-    Sequential          5    DLT          DRIVE     0.0      DRIVES
AUTODLT_-    Sequential          5    DLT          DRIVE     0.0      DRIVES
CLASS

"q library" is

Library Name  Library     Device            Private   Scratch External
              Type                          Category  Category Manager
------------  ----------  ----------------  --------  -------- --------------
AUTODLTLIB    SCSI        /dev/lb0
AUTODLTLIB    SCSI        /dev/lb0

"q drive" (I've got two drives) is

Library Name  Drive Name    Device Type  Device            ON LINE
AUTODLTLIB    DRIVE01       DLT          /dev/mt0          Yes
AUTODLTLIB    DRIVE01       DLT          /dev/mt0          Yes
AUTODLTLIB    DRIVE02       DLT          /dev/mt1          Yes

I put the following in rc.local (so it gets done at boot time):

        # make sure ADSM can see the tape library
        mkdev -c library  -t 'ADSM-SCSI-LB' -s 'scsi' -p 'scsi5' -w '6,0'

Pat Wilson
paw AT dartmouth DOT edu