ADSM-L

Re: HSM questions

1998-12-03 07:28:37
Subject: Re: HSM questions
From: Gyula Bereczky <gberecz AT HU.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 12:28:37 +0000
> 1) In your dsm.sys file add CHECKTHRESHOLDS to 30 this will check space
> used in your filesystem every 30 minutes & kicks in the dsmautomig
> process whenever necessary.
Isn't it 5 minutes the default? I think that should be good for me...

> 3) Also depends if you have "migration requires backup" option activated
> or not? May be what is happening is that because of less difference
> between thresholds, when the system reaches the lower threshold if
> starts the reconcile & backup process which takes long
> time.
Since our network is just a 16M/s Token Ring i did not want to generate too
much traffic too long. The daily growth is around 2-3 GB, so wiht 5% between
the thresholds would kick migration 3-5 times a day in my thoughts.
But my question is how can i speed up the reconciliation? I don't have
"migration requires backup" on.

> Basically you have to play with threshold here.
My problem is that data comes faster than i can send it to the adsm server. I
don't think that this can help. It just says how often the migration is kicked
off and how long it takes.

                                                          Udvozlettel / Best
regards / MfG

Gyula
Gyula Bereczky, F/Ops, ADSM system engineer
IBM Storage Products Kft. Szekesfeherevar, Hungary
e-mail: gberecz AT hu.ibm DOT com, Lotus Notes: GBERECZ/IBMHU