ADSM-L

HSM questions

1998-12-03 03:58:30
Subject: HSM questions
From: Gyula Bereczky <gberecz AT HU.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 08:58:30 +0000
Hi All,
i tried to install hsm on a 32G filesystem with 16M inodes on a 4 processor
RS/6k F50, AIX client level 3.1.0.3. The daily growth was 250k inodes, and the
file sizes were between 4k and 120k. I set the mig threshold between 75 and 80
so i set the size factor to 10. In the dsm.sys file i set maxthresholdproc to 4.
After a while ( ~2 weeks ) the filesystem went full. There were 2.6M inodes in
use. There was 750MB migrated to the ADSM server.
My guess is that the client could not build the migration file list in time.
My questions:
1. Does anyone have experience like this?
2. How can i start more the one migration process on the same filesystem? ( i
can't see that maxthresholdproc would work.. )
3. Any other recommendation or idea?

                                                          Udvozlettel / Best
regards / MfG

  Gyula
Gyula Bereczky, F/Ops, ADSM system engineer
IBM Storage Products Kft. Szekesfeherevar, Hungary
e-mail: gberecz AT hu.ibm DOT com, Lotus Notes: GBERECZ/IBMHU