ADSM-L

Re: MVS tape dataset names

1998-12-02 11:56:26
Subject: Re: MVS tape dataset names
From: Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 10:56:26 -0600
The rest of the dataset name is    BFS  for a storage pool    or  DBB  for
a database backup.
Julie

Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU> on 12/02/98 08:22:43 AM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:    (bcc: Julie Phinney/Green Bay/Humana)
Subject:  MVS tape dataset names

My site is currently planning to install an ADSM Version 3 Server on an MVS
system. I have access to the ADSM manuals, and have found out that the name
of
each tape dataset created by ADSM will start with a prefix associated with
the
device class, and that the default value of this prefix is "ADSM". I have
not,
however, found any documentation for the conventions ADSM uses to construct
the rest of each dataset name. Where can I find this information?