ADSM-L

Re: query occupancy for clients? Question renewed!

1998-12-02 08:38:39
Subject: Re: query occupancy for clients? Question renewed!
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 08:38:39 -0500
In <36650FBE.BDB361FD AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de>, on 12/02/98
   at 11:00 AM, Hermann Frasch <frasch AT RUS.UNI-STUTTGART DOT DE> said:

>With thousands of potential users of the ADSM-services on our
>415 registered client nodes, which are widely spread all over the Campus of
>the University of Stuttgart, answering all users' questions concerning
>occupancy via phone or even email is simply unfeasible. So we are in urgent
>need of a tool which gives users enough information about their data backed
>up or archived in ADSM storage.

>Kind regards
>Hermann Frasch               | Tel.  : (++49)711/685 5952
>Computer Center of the       | Fax   : (++49)711/682357
>University of Stuttgart (RUS)| Email : frasch AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
>Allmandring 30               |
>70550 Stuttgart-Vaihingen    |
>WWW: http://servwww.rus.uni-stuttgart.de/ZSDNEU/People/frasch_de.html

If you or a colleague can do some Web setup, I suggest a procedure like
this.

1.  run a select from dsmadmc, capture the output to a file --
  select * from occupancy -
   order by node_name, filespace_name -
    > c:\adsm\occ.txt

2.  Break up the output into a file for each node, the file name
 being the nodename.

3.  Make a web page which can take the adsm nodename as input
 and return the file created in step 2.

Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab