ADSM-L

EXCLUDE = EXPIRE

1998-12-01 10:47:46
Subject: EXCLUDE = EXPIRE
From: Robin Sharpe <robin_sharpe AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 07:47:46 PST
Date:    Mon, 30 Nov 1998 07:19:03 -0500
Tina,
Good point about the additional client license, that hadn't occurred to
me. I will ask our vendor about that.  I didn't like the multiple node
solution anyway, it's too complicated.

What I ended up doing was to code a shell script that builds two "domain
lists", extracted from 'bdf' (on HP-UX) command.  In our systems, we are
99.99% certain that file systems whose path contain both 'oracle' and
'data' are really Oracle data spaces (table spaces).  Others will not
contain table spaces.  I then build a dsm.opt.daily with the non-Oracle
domain list appended and run this backup daily.  Weekly, I also build a
dsm.opt.oracle_db with the Oracle domain list.  In this way, nothing is
EXCLUDED (except stuff I never want), but ADSM only searches the
relevant file systems.

The scripts are quite simple (I'll probably add some more error checking
code), if anyone is interested I'll be glad to post them.

Regards,
Robin Sharpe, Berlex Labs