ADSM-L

Re: Roll forward recovery

1998-11-30 10:41:28
Subject: Re: Roll forward recovery
From: Wojciech Czubek <nubu8 AT MERLIN.LONDON.WAII DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 15:41:28 +0000
I've tried to run ADSM v3.1.1.5 server (on AIX 421) in roll forward mode
and the server used to crash about once a week. Quite often
with OUT of MEMORY problem. It led me to believe that roll forward
mode is somehow related to out of memory problems.

Since I've changed to normal mode everything seems ok.
Although it may have been related to the fact we use shared memory
protocol not TCP/IP ,but I don't know.
My advice: don't use roll forward mode if you can afford it.

Greetings

Wojtek