ADSM-L

Re: Singled Drive Reclamation

1998-11-25 07:07:55
Subject: Re: Singled Drive Reclamation
From: "Mauro M. TINELLI" <Mauro.TINELLI AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 13:07:55 +0100
Yes, although I'm doing it for performance problems of the 'reclamation
process'.

The trick is to:

1) Check that you have enough DISK space to reclaim at least 1 volume.

2) define a DEVCLASS of type FILE and then a StgPool of this new
DEVCLASS.

3) set the 'Reclaim Storage Pool' of your TAPE StgPool pointing to the
FILE StgPool.

4) set the 'Next Storage Pool' of the FILE StgPool back to the TAPE
StgPool.

It sounds complicated but is not.

Mauro