ADSM-L

Re: Experiences with Auspex Client and V2 support issues

1998-11-25 06:25:49
Subject: Re: Experiences with Auspex Client and V2 support issues
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 06:25:49 -0500
> A large department in our organization is considering backup solutions and
> before they commit to using our existing ADSM services they want to know if
> anyone else out there is currently backing up Auspex clients.  Auspex seems
> to be supported by the V2 ADSM client for SunOS.  Any real life experiences
> would be greatly appreciated.

I think you'll find that the Auspex will backup much faster if you do it
via NFS mountpoints on the ADSM Server itself.  The typical Auspex
machine's CPU is rather slow, and it's main goal in life is to server NFS
data.  We did it this way for years, but our Auspex is powered down now,
replaced by DFS.

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,