ADSM-L

Re: Insufficient Memory

1998-11-24 17:39:06
Subject: Re: Insufficient Memory
From: Gyula Bereczky <gberecz AT HU.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 22:39:06 +0000

> Would the following errors be due to the memory on the client's side or
> the
> server's? Which parameter should I tune?
>
> 11/23/98   00:16:26 ANS1225E Insufficient memory for file
> compression/expansion
> 11/23/98   00:17:43 ANS1030E System ran out of memory. Process ended.
> (This is from my dsmerror.log)

> The client = HP-UX 10.20.
> It has 4gb memory.
> We are running Oracle and OneWorld.
> TCPBufsize 16384
> TCPWindowsize 131072

I don't know how HP UX can be configured, but on AIX there is a file
/etc/security/limits where you can set the maximum memory usage.  I also got
this message and changing the data segment size and the real memory usage
limits helped.
So i think you should check the user's resource limits. ( On the client side. )

                                                          Udvozlettel / Best
regards / MfG

                                             Gyula
Gyula Bereczky, F/Ops, ADSM system engineer
IBM Storage Products Kft. Szekesfeherevar, Hungary
e-mail: gberecz AT hu.ibm DOT com, Lotus Notes: GBERECZ/IBMHU