ADSM-L

mac files on a windows NT server ... sigh

1998-11-23 18:05:03
Subject: mac files on a windows NT server ... sigh
From: Joseph A Faracchio <SPGJAF AT CMSA.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 15:05:03 PST
I'm getting more and more requests for MacIntosh filespace backup support
by ADSM on a windows nt server.    IS there anything?   Anything coming?

I have discovered  the option "USEUNICODENAMES" and "USEUNCNAMES"
but they don't seem to work on the files we have.

Also ,   Is there a ConnectAgent (or something less expensive/involved)
that can do this?

We have some users moving from Mac's to NT Workstation and someone cooked
up the bright idea of moving the files from the mac to an win NT server
and then back to the win workstation.  Thereby tricking getting them to
an NT Workstation.   But now ADSM refuses to back them up!!

HELP!
        thanks ... joe.f.