ADSM-L

Re: AW: Special Characters in Filename

1998-11-23 09:58:19
Subject: Re: AW: Special Characters in Filename
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 06:58:19 -0800
Hello Pascal,

Which problem did the 3.1.0.5L not solve? There is still
an outstanding problem with expiring older versions (the
"Active version not found" problem). For this we are
working on a special version of the client that will be
used to clean up the older versions. But aside from that,
your backups should be working correctly and file names
should be correctly displayed.

If you could describe the specific symptoms you are
seeing I will look into this further. Also, please let
me know which language Windows NT is using (i.e. do you
have it configured for French) and which ADSM language
option you have in dsm.opt. If you could provide sample
output of the problem you are having, that would be
also be helpful.

Oh yes, before doing all of this... make sure you are
using USEUNICODEFILENAMES NO in the dsm.opt file. The
default value is NO for all ADSM language versions except
English.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

hello Thomas,

check at http://index.storsys.ibm.com/adsm/fixtest/v3r1/win32/intel for
IC21764L : this is the 3.1.0.5L fixtest.
In our case, it didn't solve the problem (national characters)

Pascal.