ADSM-L

Re: ADSM documentation

1998-11-20 13:37:14
Subject: Re: ADSM documentation
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 13:37:14 -0500
>But how can you search for anything?  I don't want to read the whole thing,
>I just want to see the pages that reference what I need to look up.  With
>Book Manager, you can do searches.  With Adobe (outside of Internet
>Explorerer), you can do searches.  I can't figure out how to search the
>manuals on the internet in either the html or pdf formats.

Basically, you don't search the manuals on the internet: they get downloaded
to your system, where Adobe Acrobat Reader is resident as at least a plug-in.
You'd want the copy of the manual local anyway, for speedier access.
So download a copy of the manual and perform a search under acroread.
And many of the manuals can be downloaded in your traditional BookManager
format, as needed.
     Richard Sims, BU