ADSM-L

Re: Why are tape mounts being requested?

1998-11-20 13:10:17
Subject: Re: Why are tape mounts being requested?
From: Joel Fuhrman <joelf AT CAC.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 10:10:17 -0800
I can think of 2 reasons. 1) there is a file which is larger than the
MAXSIze storage pool parameter 2) You are not using a directory management
class (DIRMC in the dsm.sys) on this client so the default management class
for directories is the management class with the longest retention which may
be a tape only management class.