ADSM-L

Re: mksysb from exabyte tape library ?

1998-11-20 11:47:37
Subject: Re: mksysb from exabyte tape library ?
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 10:47:37 -0600
     Can't you just put that device in the boot list ?

     OK now while adsm has controll of that drive it is using /dev/mt#
     where the aix system will want to use /dev/rmt# you don't want both of
     those available at the same time so delete the mt# (keeping its
     definition), make rmt# available, create your makesysb, delete the
     rmt# (keeping its definition), then make mt# available again and all
     is well for adsm again...

     later,
         Dwight